- The Daily Journal Names Andra Greene to Top Women Lawyers List
- Irell Lawyers Top the 2013 Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers Lists
- Dozens of Irell Lawyers Recognized by 2012 Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers; Chu, Ermer, Greene, Hennigan, Hueston, Maister, Phillips, Sherman, and Wald Receive Special Recognition
- Marshall Camp Elected Partner
- California Supreme Court Justice Carlos Moreno Joins Irell & Manella
Class Action DefensePrint PDF
Irell & Manella LLP has a long record of successfully defending class action lawsuits and our reputation as a firm of experienced trial lawyers enhances our effectiveness in this area. Our record of achievement includes obtaining orders dismissing class action suits with prejudice at the pleading stage, striking class members after merits rulings, and obtaining interlocutory review of class certification orders.
Our attorneys have defended class action lawsuits alleging a wide range of legal theories – including consumer class actions, securities fraud (including various forms of securities such as common stock, warrants, debt, tax-driven investments, and privately-placed securities), antitrust, copyright infringement, wage and hour violations, and real estate and partnership fraud – in state and federal courts for clients in many industries. We have handled all phases of class action litigation, including pre-certification hearing discovery, class certification motions and hearings, interlocutory appeals of certification rulings, class action trials, negotiating favorable settlements, and obtaining court approval of class settlements. While our focus in class action defense is always on the possibility of early resolution, if early resolution cannot be achieved, our attorneys are experienced at taking class action lawsuits through trial and appeal.