- Columbia University School of Law (LL.B., 1959), highest honors; Member of the Board of Editors of the Columbia Law Review
- Hunter College (A.B., 1956), with honors
Richard Borow is a former senior partner and general counsel of Irell & Manella LLP and is the founder and (for 35 years) former chair of its litigation group. He retired as a senior partner at the end of 2005. For over 45 years, he has specialized in the defense of complex civil litigation, and in alternate dispute resolution. He currently serves as an arbitrator and mediator in complex civil disputes.
Mr. Borow was an Adjunct Professor of Law (Litigation and Trial Techniques) at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law from 1971 to 1983; and was also a member of the Ad Hoc Committee to Study the Evaluation of Lawyers of the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, and a Subcommittee Chair of the Advisory Group of the Civil Justice Reform Act of 1990, Central District of California. He was formerly a member of the Board of Directors of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society.
Mr. Borow was listed in every edition of the Best Lawyers in America and was named to the Southern California "Super Lawyers" list (ADR).
- Mr. Borow is a member of the National Panel of Neutrals of the American Arbitration Association and its Large Complex Case Panel. He has been a member of the Board of Editors of the Federal Litigation Guide (Matthew Bender) and is a former Chair of the Judiciary Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He also served as Judge Pro Tem of the Beverly Hills Municipal Court. Mr. Borow is a life member of the American Law Institute. He was formerly a member of the Board of Trustees of Public Advocates.
- Mr. Borow has been a frequent lecturer and writer throughout North America on topics related to complex civil litigation.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1959, New York; 1966, California; 1985, Maine