- Duke University School of Law (J.D., 2002), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Notes Editor, Duke Law Journal; Member, Moot Court Board; Award for Outstanding Achievement in Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- University of St. Thomas, Minnesota (B.A., Economics, 1999), summa cum laude
Irell In The News
Lisa Sharrock Glasser is a partner in the Newport Beach office of Irell & Manella LLP, where she is a member of the intellectual property and litigation practice groups.
Ms. Glasser's practice encompasses a wide range of commercial litigation matters, with a particular focus on complex intellectual property disputes involving patents, trade secrets, business torts, licensing and indemnity. She represents clients at all stages of litigation, from pre-litigation counseling through trial and appeal.
Super Lawyers magazine has named Ms. Glasser a Southern California "Rising Star" every year since 2006. She was also honored by the Daily Journal as part of the Irell trial team that achieved a “Top Defense Verdict of 2010” in connection with a six-week jury trial involving complex patent infringement warranty and indemnity issues.
Prior to joining Irell & Manella in 2003, Ms. Glasser served as a law clerk to the Honorable Cynthia Holcomb Hall, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- "Ethically Speaking: Rule 502 and Clawback Agreements," 54 Orange County Lawyer (2012) (co-author, with Rebecca Clifford)
- "Ethically Speaking: Coito v. Superior Court and Discoverability of Witness Statements," 52 Orange County Lawyer (2010) (co-author, with Alastair Gamble)
- "A Decade Down the Road But Still Running Through the Jungle: A Critical Review of Post-Fogerty Attorney's Fee Awards," 52 U. Kan. L. Rev. 457 (2004) (co-author, with Robert A. Hyde)
- "Realigning the Initial Interest Confusion Doctrine with the Lanham Act," 25 Whittier L. Rev. 71 (2003)
- "The Future of Domain Name Dispute Resolution: Crafting Practical International Legal Solutions From Within the UDRP Framework," 51 Duke L.J. 817 (2001).
- Orange County Bar Association Professionalism and Ethics Committee
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2002, California
- U.S. District Court, Central and Northern Districts of California