- Stanford Law School, (J.D., 2005), graduated with distinction, recipient of Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr. Award for legal research and writing excellence, Articles Editor for the Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance, Vice President of the Stanford Law and Business Society
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Business Economics)
Glenn K. Vanzura joined Irell & Manella in 2005 as a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office, where he specializes in securities litigation, complex business litigation, white collar criminal defense, and internal corporate investigations.
In 2012, Mr. Vanzura was selected by The Recorder in its inaugural list as one of only fifty "Lawyers on the Fast Track." He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers and Los Angeles magazines as a "Rising Star" in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Mr. Vanzura has represented major corporations, directors, officers, employees and other individuals in a variety of matters, including:
- Defense counsel for companies and individuals in a variety of shareholder class and derivative actions involving alleged violations of the securities laws, including actions in federal and state courts.
- Representation of companies and individuals in connection with investigations and enforcement actions by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Representation of companies and individuals in connection with investigations and criminal prosecutions by the Department of Justice, including matters involving alleged violations of the federal mail fraud, wire fraud, and honest services statutes; alleged insider trading; alleged stock options backdating; and other alleged violations of the federal securities laws.
- Defense of an international law firm and attorneys in numerous suits alleging legal malpractice and other torts in state and federal courts.
- Defense of the general partner of a major restaurant chain in a partnership dispute with certain of the enterprise's limited partners.
- Defense of a company in a bankruptcy court adversarial action alleging violations of the WARN Act.
- Representation of individuals in employment and contract disputes, including a matter concerning the sale of a solely-owned company to a national entertainment conglomerate and a matter involving a dispute with a major real estate developer.
- Investigating counsel representing audit committees in connection with corporate internal investigations and restatements of prior period financial statements.
Mr. Vanzura also consults on securities mediations, particularly in respect of loss causation and damages issues.
Prior to joining Irell & Manella, Mr. Vanzura was a research associate with an economics and litigation consulting firm specializing in complex business litigation. Mr. Vanzura's practice there focused on securities and antitrust matters, and involved him in industries as diverse as the commercial airline, digital music, fast food franchise, real estate, and professional sports industries.
Mr. Vanzura is active in the community, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the LA County Bar Association's Center for Civic Mediation.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2005, California
- United States District Courts within California; Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals