- University of Southern California (J.D., 2006); Order of the Coif; Executive Articles Editor of the Southern California Law Review
- Washington University, St. Louis (B.A., History, 1994), with Honors
Josh Gordon is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the firm's litigation practice group. Mr. Gordon has represented both individuals and corporations in a variety of intellectual property and other commercial disputes. His practice spans various industries, having represented clients in the entertainment, technology, telecommunications, and consumer-electronics industries. He has experience in both state and federal court, as well as in mediations, arbitrations and before a federal administrative commission. Mr. Gordon and his colleagues have secured key rulings on motion practice, arbitration victories, multi-million dollar settlements, and the release of all claims against their clients. He is actively involved in the firm's Hiring, Mentoring, and Associates Committees.
Mr. Gordon earned his J.D. from the University of Southern California, where he was the executive articles editor of the Southern California Law Review. He authored "Pacifica is Dead. Long Live Pacifica: Formulating a New Argument Structure to Preserve Government Regulation of Indecent Broadcasts," 79 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1451 (2006). Mr. Gordon had the honor of serving as a judicial extern to the Honorable Candace Cooper of the California Court of Appeal for the Second District.
Prior to law school, Mr. Gordon held management positions in entrepreneurial ventures in the professional sports and e-commerce industries.
- Successfully represented major motion picture studios in contract disputes.
- Won a complete victory in an arbitration proceeding on behalf of a well-known video game manufacturer, preserving his client's 100% rights to a highly-successful game franchise.
- Defended a well-known consumer electronics company through trial, after which the opposing party dropped all claims against his client.
- Represented a major telecommunications company in negotiations and a subsequent arbitration, obtaining a settlement of over $50 million and additional relief.
- Obtained positive settlements for multiple technology companies in licensing and patent disputes.
- Represented the Natural Resources Defense Council in highly publicized litigation involving the effects of naval sonar on marine mammals. Mr. Gordon participated in the litigation before a federal district court, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit