- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2006); Order of the Coif
- Chapman University (B.A., Political Science with an emphasis in Law, 2003), summa cum laude
Allison Libeu is an associate in the Newport Beach office of Irell & Manella LLP, where she is a member of the firm's litigation practice group.
Ms. Libeu received her J.D. from UCLA School of Law. She earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from Chapman University.
- Ms. Libeu is currently defending a series of securities fraud cases involving mortgage-backed securities and monoline credit guaranty insurance.
- Co-trial counsel in federal jury trial involving breach of contract by an insurance company. The jury returned a $6 million verdict for Ms. Libeu's clients, six times policy limits, finding that the insurance company acted in bad faith by refusing to cover claims relating to the construction of a multimillion dollar, ocean-view home.
- Won summary judgment for a leading international law firm against plaintiffs who claimed that the firm's alleged professional negligence resulted in $20 million in damages. The Court of Appeal affirmed the decision.
- Won motion to dismiss a securities fraud case for the CEO of a mortgage lender against plaintiffs who alleged fraud in connection with their purchase of mortgage-backed securities.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2006, California
- 2007, US District Court, Central District of California
- 2009, US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- 2010, US Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit