- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2007); Moot Court Board
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.S., Business Administration, 2004); magna cum laude
Irell In The News
Justin Klaeb is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the firm's litigation practice group. Mr. Klaeb’s practice focuses on civil litigation, with an emphasis in complex commercial matters, including litigation over intellectual property, business torts, trade secrets, professional negligence, employment law, class actions, contract disputes, real estate development, and government investigations.
Mr. Klaeb's recent matters include:
- Linear Technology Corp. v. Novellus Systems, Inc. Mr. Klaeb represented Novellus Systems, Inc., a manufacturer of semiconductor manufacturing equipment, in a four week trial in the Santa Clara County Superior Court. The jury returned a unanimous verdict in favor of Novellus on all of the plaintiff's causes of action – including breach of contract and lack of good faith and fair dealing. Linear sought roughly $200 million in damages. The victory was selected as one of the Top Defense Verdicts of 2010 by the Daily Journal.
- Confidential AAA Arbitration (2009). Mr. Klaeb served as trial counsel for a partner in a real estate joint venture who was sued by his partner for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract. After a full hearing on the merits, all claims of wrongdoing alleged against Mr. Klaeb's client were rejected by the Arbitration Panel.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Klaeb has served on the firm's hiring committee. He has also handled matters for the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee.
Mr. Klaeb earned his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2007, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. While in law school, Mr. Klaeb worked as a teaching assistant for an undergraduate business law course at NYU's Stern School of Business. He earned his B.S. in Business Administration, magna cum laude, from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo in 2004.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2007, California
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- 2008, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- 2011, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California