- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Carleton University (B. Eng., Electrical)
Elizabeth Iglesias is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where she is a member of the firm's IP litigation practice group. Ms. Iglesias specializes in patent litigation, reexamination and licensing disputes. She is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Ms. Iglesias is an active member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Bar Association and the Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association.
She earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall) in 2009. While in law school, Ms. Iglesias served as the articles editor of the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and received two American jurisprudence awards, including Patent Law. She also served as extern to the Hon. Ronald M. Whyte in the Northern District of California.
Ms. Iglesias received her Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, with high honors, from Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario in 2006. While completing her Bachelor of Engineering degree, she was awarded the Senate Medal. Ms Iglesias also completed several eight-month internships, including at West Fraser Timber Co., where she assisted with a replacement of the Hinton Pulp Mill's DCS system, and at MLE Equipment, where she designed PLC and relay control systems for environmental remediation equipment.
- "Discoverability Of Settlement Negotiation Docs Post-MSTG," Law360, February 26, 2013, co-author
- "Inter Partes Review is the New Normal: What Has Been Lost? What Has Been Gained?" AIPLA Quarterly Journal, Fall 2012, co-author
- "Proving Willful Infringement: Is There a Role for Experts?" Landslide: A Publication of the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law, November/December 2012, co-author
- "Rethinking Protective Orders," The Recorder, September 11, 2012, co-author
- "Challenging Validity of Issued Patents Before the PTO: Inter Partes Reexam Now or Inter Partes Review Later?" Journal of the Patent & Trademark Office Society, Summer 2012, co-author
- “Toward Streamlined Patent Litigation: Will Early Disclosure of Damages Improve the System?” Los Angeles Daily Journal, February 23, 2012, co-author
- "New Developments In Controlling E-Discovery Costs," Law360, January 30, 2012, co-author
- "Patent Reexamination is the New Shield in Patent Litigation," The Recorder, December 27, 2010, co-author
- "Patent Re-examination: Strategic Considerations In Patent Litigation," The Intellectual Property Strategist, October 2010, co-author
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2009, California
- 2010, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2010, Central District of California
- 2011, Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2012, United States Patent & Trademark Office
- 2013, U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit