- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D., 2009); Order of the Coif
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., Economics and Sociology); summa cum laude, Highest Departmental Honors (Economics); Honors College; Phi Beta Kappa
Irell In The News
Andrew Ow is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the firm's litigation practice group. Mr. Ow’s practice encompasses a wide range of litigation and counseling subjects including white collar, contracts, business torts, antitrust, healthcare, privacy, securities, and entertainment. His experience ranges from pre-litigation counseling, including negotiations with the Department of Justice, to preparing for arbitrations with limited preparation time to a federal jury trial to appellate work in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, entertainment clients, major public entities, and individuals.
Mr. Ow's representative matters include:
- Earned dismissal of all 306 counts of an indictment, including 204 felony counts, brought by the Nevada Attorney General’s Mortgage Fraud Task Force in the purported first criminal robo-signing prosecution in the United States.
- Resolved civil and criminal federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act investigations into a major medical device manufacturer without any liability despite the Government’s initial requests for a $50 million criminal settlement.
- Obtained over $50 million and award of IP rights for major telecommunications company at the conclusion of an 8-month action.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in a federal jury trial in the Northern District of California that awarded the client a multimillion dollar verdict. Also represented the company on appeal before the Ninth Circuit.
- Settled a federal investigation of a major healthcare entity for potential False Claims Act and common law claims for a small percentage of the amount initially sought by the Government.
- Helped secure a $0 defense settlement for an LLC and individuals who had an arbitration demand seeking hundreds of millions of dollars filed against them.
- Extinguished potential liability connected with a federal investigation and False Claims Act qui tam suit against individual physicians without the clients paying any amount or being named in the public settlement.
- Represented a music publishing company in a contract dispute with a major artist.
- Represented a music publishing company in a dispute over rights to a catalog of copyrights to musical compositions.
- Represented a major corporation being investigated for potential HIPAA violations.
- Counseled a major motion picture studio with issues that arose with respect to a former subsidiary.
- Counseled a biotechnology client on antitrust issues related to an announced merger in the client’s industry.
- Represented an individual in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and insider trading investigations.
Mr. Ow earned his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law in 2009, where he was ranked second in his graduating class. While in law school, he helped co-found the UCLA Health Law Society and taught legal issues at a local alternative high school. He received his B.A., summa cum laude, in Economics and Sociology from the Honors College at UCLA in 2006.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2009, California
- 2011, Central and Northern Districts of California
- 2012, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals