- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2005), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.A., Political Science: American Studies, 1998), magna cum laude
Douglas Dixon is an associate in the Newport Beach office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the firm's Litigation practice group.
Prior to joining Irell, Mr. Dixon was a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, where his practice focused on complex civil litigation relating to securities law, contract law, mergers and acquisitions, alien tort claims, international torts and the Federal False Claims Act in both trial and appellate courts.
Mr. Dixon earned his J.D. magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 2005, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and was an Editor on The Georgetown Law Journal. During law school, Mr. Dixon worked as an extern in the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division. Following graduation, Mr. Dixon clerked for the Honorable Edward Rafeedie of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Dixon earned his B.S. magna cum laude in Political Science: American Studies from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 1998.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2011, California
- 2006, New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States