- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2011); cum laude; Florence Allen Scholar; Senior Notes Editor, Journal of Law and Liberty
- Lafayette College (B.A., Government & Law, summa cum laude, 2008)
Richard Krebs is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP where he is a member of the firm’s litigation and IP litigation practice groups. Mr. Krebs's practice focuses on business and intellectual property litigation, including infringement and licensing disputes. He also has experience handling matters involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty and has represented clients in state, federal, and appellate courts.
Mr. Krebs also maintains an active pro bono practice. In connection with the Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project and Loyola Law School, he recently represented an Iraqi refugee with a resettlement application. Additionally, Mr. Krebs currently serves as Chairman of the firm's Associates Committee and a member of the firm's Hiring Committee. Mr. Krebs is also a member of Lafayette College's West Coast Advisory Council.
Mr. Krebs earned his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law in 2011 where he was Senior Notes Editor of the Journal of Law and Liberty. While in law school, Mr. Krebs worked as a Legal Intern at the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, Civil Division and the Urban Justice Center. He earned his B.A. in Government & Law, summa cum laude, from Lafayette College in 2008.
- Representing international technology company in litigation and arbitration involving allegations of breaches of contractual and fiduciary duties and interference with business opportunities.
- Currently representing patent owner in patent infringement lawsuit involving computer processor-related technologies.
- Represented an oil and gas production company in defending a series of investor class actions challenging public disclosures in connection with the company's purchase and merger of a series of previously independent limited partnerships.
- Powertech Technology Inc. v. Tessera, Inc. (N.D. Cal.): Represented Tessera Inc. in a patent licensing dispute, which concluded in February 2014 when Powertech Technology Inc. agreed to pay $196 million to Tessera.
- Tessera, Inc. v. Sony Corporation (N.D. Cal.): Represented Tessera Inc. in a lawsuit filed against Sony Corporation for breach of a patent license by, among other things, failure to pay all royalties due. In October 2013, just two days before jury selection, a confidential settlement was secured.
- Tessera Inc. v. Sony Electronics Inc. et al (D. Del.): Represented Tessera Inc. in a patent infringement suit against Sony Electronics. In January 2014, a settlement between the two parties was secured.
- “Going Abroad: Tips for Overseas Depositions,” The Recorder (December 14, 2015)
- “Assessing Welfare Reform, Over a Decade Later,” 1.2 Sociology Compass 789(2007).
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “Filing & Serving Documents,” April 10, 2015, Irell & Manella.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2011, California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central Distrct of California