- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2013) with Highest Honors; Vice-Chancellor; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, Texas Law Review; Dean's Achievement Awards in Secured Credit and Economic Analysis of Law
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A., Political Science, 2008) with Honors in Political Science; with Distinction in General Scholarship
Nathaniel Lipanovich is an associate in the Newport Beach office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the litigation practice group and serves on the Hiring Committee. Mr. Lipanovich’s practice has encompassed a variety of practice areas, including class action defense, false advertising claims, breach of contract, and patent litigation.
Mr. Lipanovich earned his J.D., with Highest Honors, from The University of Texas School of Law, where he was an Associate Editor of the Texas Law Review, Order of the Coif, and Vice-Chancellor—a member of UT's most prestigious honor society. While in law school, he interned at the Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. for the Honorable Susan G. Braden. Prior to law school, Mr. Lipanovich worked as an intellectual property project assistant at an AmLaw 100 law firm. He earned his B.A., with Honors in Political Science and Distinction in General Scholarship, from the University of California at Berkeley.
“The Case for Defense Witness Immunity: A Systemic Analysis of Federal Case Law,” 91 Texas Law Review 175 (2012)
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2013, California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit