- Harvard (J.D., 2013) cum laude
- Vanderbilt University (Ph.D., 2010)
- Emory University (B.A., 2004) with Highest Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Hon. Mary M. Schroeder, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2013-2014
Michael Harbour is a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. His practice focuses on a variety of areas including, class action defense, complex business ligation, white collar defense, and appeals. Representative matters include:
- Secured class decertification of a statewide class of consumers accusing an herbal supplement company of falsely marketing its product.
- Defense counsel for a technology company in various class action and Lanham Act cases alleging false advertising.
- Represents one of the nation’s largest fruit growers in litigation against the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency and the Agricultural Labor Relations Board.
- Defense counsel for the officers and directors of a Fortune 500 company in a shareholder class action alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Represented clients in various appeals and post-trial motions in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining Irell, Mr. Harbour worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Harbour earned his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School where he received the Foundations of Private Law Prize for Best Student Paper on Private Law. Before law school, he earned his Ph.D. in Philosophy from Vanderbilt University and his B.A., with Highest Honors, from Emory University.
- 2014, California