- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2014), cum laude; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2011) with Highest Honors
Daniel Switts is a transactional associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Mr. Switts’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property transactions, corporate finance and general corporate matters.
Mr. Switts earned his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School, where he served as editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology and of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. While in law school, he served as law clerk for the Office of the General Counsel of Draper Laboratory, where he worked on intellectual property issues arising out of government contracts. Mr. Switts earned his B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, with Highest Honors, from the Georgia Institute of Technology. While studying at Georgia Tech, he participated in an engineering co-op program at ATA Engineering, where he created computer models to perform structural, thermal, and fluid analysis on aerospace and weaponry systems.
- Represented Dalian Wanda Group Co., Ltd., China's largest commercial property company and the world's largest cinema chain operator, in its acquisition of Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion.
- Represented global film and television studio Miramax in connection with the sale of the company to beIN MEDIA GROUP.
- Represented a private film rights holder in a sale of film library assets to an independent film studio.
- Represented Physiotherapy Associates, a privately held physical therapy company, in its $400 million acquisition by Select Medical (NYSE: SEM).
- Represented Acano Limited, a UK-based technology company focused on video-conferencing, in its $700 million acquisition by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO).
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Accruent, LLC, a leading provider of real estate and facilities management SaaS.
- Represented B/E Aerospace, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAV) as defendant in a patent litigation matter relating to aircraft lavatories. Secured triple summary judgments of non-infringement, which were affirmed on appeal at the Federal Circuit.
- Represented Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWKS) as defendant in a contract dispute relating to patents, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Morgan Chu and Daniel Switts, A High(mark)-Octane Year for Attorneys’ Fees in Patent Litigation, Cal. Litig. Rev. (2014).
- 2014, California
- 2015, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office