- University of Southern California (J.D., 1984), Member of the Southern California Law Review
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., 1977), summa cum laude
Sandra Kanengiser is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where she has served as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and chairperson of the firm's Real Estate group. She has experience in all aspects of real estate transactions, including commercial, retail, and residential leasing; land use development law; construction and financing; and acquisitions and dispositions of commercial and high-end residential real estate. She also represents a number of clients by providing general business advice on an ongoing basis.
Ms. Kanengiser has been named to the Southern California "Super Lawyers" list by Los Angeles Magazine. She has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for real estate law every year since 2009.
Ms. Kanengiser’s major projects include the following:
- Representation of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., and its affiliates including Pottery Barn, West Elm and Hold Everything in connection with the acquisition, leasing and development of its major facilities in California, Nevada, Tennessee, New Jersey, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.
- Representation of Pacific Park at the Santa Monica Pier in connection with its development agreements, leasing, and other aspects of operations.
- Representation of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. (formerly Hollywood Park), in connection with the acquisition, leasing, financing and development of gaming properties throughout the United States.
- Representation of various partnerships managed by Mountain View Capital in connection with the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of shopping center and office properties in the Inland Empire, Northern California and Nevada.
- Representation of various private equity firms in connection with entertainment venues in several states.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1984, California