- University of California, Davis (J.D., 1987), Order of the Coif; Editor of University of California, Davis Law Review
- California State University, Long Beach (B.S., Accounting and Finance-Real Estate, 1984), Phi Kappa Phi, Beta Gamma Sigma
Anthony Pierotti joined Irell & Manella LLP in 1987 and became a partner in 1994. He is the head of the real estate and commercial finance practice group, as well as a member of the firm's executive committee. His practice emphasizes real estate development, finance, tax, and land use. A substantial portion of Mr. Pierotti's practice involves the development of master-planned communities, including the representation of clients in the entitlement process and in structuring and implementing merchant builder programs for residential development. Another substantial part of Mr. Pierotti's practice involves representing both lenders and borrowers in construction and permanent financing for real estate assets, including multi-state financings. Mr. Pierotti also has extensive experience in joint ventures, office and industrial leases, telecommunications leases, and other site-use agreements, and in the sale and liquidation of distressed real estate development projects.
Mr. Pierotti was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Southern California in 2009, and The Best Lawyers in America in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 for real estate law.
Mr. Pierotti is also an avid freshwater and saltwater fisherman and enjoys hiking, reading, and travel.
Recent transactions that Mr. Pierotti has handled on behalf of his clients include the following:
- Representation of The Newhall Land and Farming Company, a developer of master-planned communities, in the sale of over $150 million in properties to merchant builders in Newhall's Westridge and Creekside communities in Valencia, California.
- Representation of the GreenPark Group in connection with a new master-planned mixed use development in Las Vegas, Nevada, involving casino, hotel and residential components.
- Representation of a major homebuilding company in a joint venture transaction for the development of a 1500 lot residential master planned community in Corona, California.
- Representation of a project developer for a mixed used development in Northern California in restructuring existing financing for the project.
- Orange County Bar Association (Section of Real Property); Building Industry Association (BIA)
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1987, California
- U.S. District Court; Central District of California; U.S. Tax Court