- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2014) cum laude; Media Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- University of California, Davis (A.B., English/Political Science, 2010)
- Hon. Gonzalo P. Curiel, U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Derek Flores is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, where he is a member of the litigation practice group. Prior to joining Irell, Mr. Flores served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gonzalo P. Curiel of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Representative matters include:
- Defense counsel for a leading video game publisher in a biometric privacy class action.
- Defense counsel for a private equity firm in an earnout dispute brought by a former stockholder of one of the firm’s portfolio companies.
- Defense counsel for a construct project data company in a lawsuit filed by its largest competitor, who has alleged antitrust, unfair competition, trademark infringement, and other related claims.
Mr. Flores also maintains an active pro bono practice and currently represents victims of Central American gang violence seeking asylum.
Mr. Flores earned his J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law, where he was Media Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review. While in law school, Mr. Flores was a judicial extern to the Honorable Edmond E. Chang of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He also interned at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois. Mr. Flores earned his A.B. in English and Political Science from the University of California, Davis.