- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 2010) Programs Editor, Berkeley Journal of International Law
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., with distinction in Economics, 2006), cum laude
Andy Ferguson is a transactional associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Mr. Ferguson's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property transactions and general corporate matters. In 2016, Mr. Ferguson was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine.
Mr. Ferguson earned his J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Ferguson received an award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Oral Argument at the Roger J. Traynor California Moot Court Competition and an Honorable Mention for the Martin Domke Award, Best Individual Oralist at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. Mr. Ferguson earned his B.A., with distinction in Economics, cum laude, from the University of California, San Diego.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Accruent, the world’s largest provider of real estate, facilities, and asset management software
- Represented Physiotherapy Associates in its $400 million acquisition by Select Medical (NYSE: SEM)
- Represented Wanda Group in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Legendary Entertainment
- Represented Acano Limited, a UK-based technology company focused on video-conferencing, in its $700 million acquisition by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO)
- Represented LORAC Cosmetics, a leading prestige color cosmetics brand, in its acquisition by Encore Consumer Capital
- Represented Network Communications, Inc., a local media company in the multifamily housing industry, in its $170 million acquisition by CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP)
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition and combination of iSqFt and BidClerk, two providers of project data, analytics and software tools in the construction industry
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of CDC Publishing
- Represented Network Communications, Inc. in various sales of regional luxury home design magazines
- Represented Angeleno Group in its investment in a multi-national manufacturer and supplier of precision motion control systems
- 2010, California