- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2014) Order of the Coif; editorial board, Virginia Law Review
- Grinnell College (B.A., History, 2009)
- Hon. Norman K. Moon, U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
Colin Thompson is a transactional associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Mr. Thompson’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, finance and entertainment-related transactions. Prior to joining Irell, Mr. Thompson served as a law clerk to the Honorable Norman K. Moon of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
Mr. Thompson earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was elected Order of the Coif and was on the Editorial Board of the Virginia Law Review. While in law school, Mr. Thompson participated in the Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, drafting petitions for certiorari and merits briefs for numerous cases before the United States Supreme Court. He earned his B.A. in History from Grinnell College.
- Representing Pinnacle Entertainment in its definitive agreement with a subsidiary of Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. to acquire the operations of the Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Pennsylvania for total consideration of $138 million.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Accruent, LLC, a leading provider of real estate and facilities management SaaS.
- "Can a Corporation Be Liable for Being a Victim of Fraud?" Daily Journal (October 30, 2015)
- 2014, California