- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2014) Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, UCLA Law Review
- University of Southern California (B.A., Neuroscience, 2011) Order of Troy
Hilary Veit is a transactional associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Ms. Veit counsels clients with respect to a wide-range of corporate, intellectual property and entertainment-related transactions and issues. She has represented leading investment banks, distributors, production companies and entertainment lenders in arranging and administering debt and equity credit facilities. Ms. Veit has also participated in merger and acquisition and securitization transactions in a variety of industries, including media and entertainment, technology and real estate.
Notable media finance and corporate transactions include representing:
- Dalian Wanda Group Co., Ltd., China's largest commercial property company and the world's largest cinema chain operator, in its acquisition of leading production company Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion. The transaction is China's largest cross-border cultural acquisition to date.
- Acano Limited, a privately held company based in London that provides collaboration infrastructure and conferencing software, in its $700-million acquisition by Cisco.
- Oaktree/GFI in the sale of its GoodCents portfolio company to AM Conservation Group, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Company.
- A leading bank in a $70-million credit facility to a Europe-based independent television production and distribution company.
- A private equity fund in its sale of a company owning over one hundred self-storage facilities across the United States for $830 million.
- MUFG Union Bank in a $200-million film production financing transaction for a well known motion picture and television producer and distributor.
Ms. Veit also maintains an active pro bono practice. She is currently representing clients in matters relating to veteran's benefits and asylum for victims of Central American gang violence.
Ms. Veit earned her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, where she was elected Order of the Coif and served as Articles Editor of the UCLA Law Review. Ms. Veit earned her B.A. in Neuroscience from the University of Southern California.
- 2014, California