- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2014) cum laude, member, Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property
- University of Southern California (B.A., Political Science, 2011) magna cum laude
Morgan MacBride is a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella. Mr. MacBride’s practice focuses on securities litigation, complex business litigation, IP litigation, white collar defense, and class action defense.
He has represented clients in a variety of matters, including:
- Defense counsel for a leading fund adviser claims of excessive fees, challenging the alleged differential between advisory and sub-advisory fees.
- Defense counsel for the officers and directors of a Fortune 500 company in a shareholder class action alleging violations of securities laws.
- Defense counsel for the former CEO of a publicly-traded company in both a shareholder class action and an SEC investigation.
- Representation of publicly-traded company in a trademark dispute before the International Trade Commission and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Representation of a Fortune 100 company in patent litigation involving recombinant DNA.
- Representation of California employer in a large scale criminal investigation involving allegations of insurance fraud.
Mr. MacBride also maintains an active pro bono practice and recently represented an individual in an asylum matter. In addition to his practice, Mr. MacBride is a member of the firm's Hiring Committee and Associates Committee.
Mr. MacBride earned his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law, cum laude, and his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Southern California, magna cum laude.
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2014, California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California