Alaina Bird’s practice focuses on complex business and intellectual property litigation, including media and entertainment, securities and patent matters. Alaina also maintains an active pro bono practice. She has drafted a trademark licensing agreement for a nonprofit organization; successfully represented pro bono clients at their domestic violence restraining order hearings, during which she has conducted direct and cross-examinations; and helped draft an amicus brief opposing government immigration policies for a nonprofit organization.
- Successfully defending real estate investors in a five-day arbitration hearing brought by former business associates with claims related to LLC ownership, fraud and mismanagement of business assets, during which she conducted a direct examination.
- Representing defendant corporations in individual 10b-5 securities action involving alleged violations of securities laws in connection with asset-backed securitizations.
- Representing a leading biotechnology company in patent infringement disputes involving biosimilars.
- Representing one of Europe’s largest application-oriented research organizations in patent infringement disputes.
- Representing an orthopedic surgery practice in internal and government investigations as well as related civil litigation.
UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2017); Order of the Coif; Michael T. Masin Scholar; Senior editor and staff editor, UCLA Law Review
Point Loma Nazarene University (B.A., Journalism, 2013); summa cum laude
- California, 2017