Alexis Federico represents clients in a variety of complex litigation disputes. Her litigation practice includes insurance, intellectual property, appellate, and white collar defense and investigations.
Alexis earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of California, Irvine School of Law. Alexis received pro bono high honors and served as staff editor of the UC Irvine Law Review as well as director of the International Refugee Assistance Project at UCI Law. While in law school, she was a judicial extern to the Hon. Eileen Moore of the California Court of Appeal for the Fourth District.
Prior to law school, Alexis was a helicopter pilot and instructor in the United States Marine Corps, first with Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 367 and later with Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron One. She was selected as the Marine Aircraft Group 40 (Afghanistan) Aviator of the Year and was presented with the Order of the Daedalians United States Marine Corps’ Exceptional Pilot Award.
- Litigated several insurance coverage matters involving environmental and medical device manufacturing defect claims, resulting in eight-figure recoveries for the insureds.
- Litigated patent licensing disputes involving audio technology.
- Represented a major medical device manufacturer in an internal and DOJ investigation of cyber hacking.
- Represented several executives of a Fortune 100 automobile manufacturer in DOJ and SEC investigations.
- Served as California counsel for a New York-based asset management firm, in its proxy contest and settlement with PG&E.
- Represented pro-bono clients in administrative and criminal proceedings.
- Board Member, Pet Project Foundation
- Associate Board Member, Project Youth OCBF (Orange County Bar Foundation)
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2019)
- Commander, Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Advisory Brigade
University of California, Irvine School of Law (J.D., 2016), summa cum laude; Pro bono high honors; Staff editor, UC Irvine Law Review
Texas A&M University (B.A., English and Russian, 2003)
- California, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit