Brian Weissenberg is an associate in the Litigation group who focuses on intellectual property. Before joining Irell & Manella, he clerked for the Hon. Kimberly A. Moore of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and for the Hon. Janis L. Sammartino of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Brian worked on intellectual property and patent litigation matters as a summer associate at firms including Irell. While earning his J.D. at Stanford Law School, he was senior editor of the Stanford Law Review, co-president of the Stanford Law & Technology Association and vice president of the Stanford Intellectual Property Association, among other activities. He also was a certified law student at the Juelsgaard Intellectual Property & Innovation Clinic and served as an extern for the Hon. Leonard Davis of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. He received Gerald Gunther Class Prizes in IP: Patents and IP: Trademarks, among other honors.
Brian double majored with highest distinction in Political Science and Religious Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. His honors included the Political Science Department Citation, which allowed him to deliver the student speech at the Political Science graduation ceremony.
- "The Role of Dictionaries in Last Term's High Court Decisions," Law360 (July 12, 2019)
- "Who’s Suing Us? Decoding Patent Plaintiffs Since 2000 with the Stanford NPE Litigation Dataset," 21 Stan. Tech. L. Rev. 235 (2018).
- "The Law of Science Fiction Inventions," Escape Velocity 2019, National Harbor, MD (May 25, 2019)
Stanford Law School (J.D., 2016), senior editor, Stanford Law Review; Gerald Gunther Class Prizes in IP: Patents and IP: Trademarks; Stanford Law & Technology Association co-president; Stanford Intellectual Property Association vice-president; Stanford Latino Law Students Association; Extern, Hon. Leonard Davis, chief judge, E.D. Texas
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., Political Science and Religious Studies, 2011), with highest distinction; Dean’s List; Phi Beta Kappa; UC Berkeley Political Science Department Citation; Highest honors in Political Science; University Honors
- California, 2016
- Hon. Kimberly A. Moore, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Hon. Janis L. Sammartino, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California