Daniel Switts’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property transactions, corporate finance, venture capital and general corporate matters.
Daniel earned his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School, where he served as editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology and the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. During law school, he was a law clerk for the Office of the General Counsel of Draper Laboratory, where he worked on intellectual property issues arising out of government contracts.
While studying at Georgia Tech, Daniel participated in an engineering co-op program at ATA Engineering, where he created computer models to perform structural, thermal and fluid analysis on aerospace and weaponry systems.
- Represented Accruent in its sale to Fortive (NYSE:FTV) for $2 billion.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Accruent, a leading provider of real estate and facilities management SaaS.
- Represented Accruent in its acquisition of EMS, the premier provider of software for space optimization and scheduling.
- Represented Accruent in its acquisition of Maintenance Connection, a provider of building maintenance software.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Drillinginfo, a SaaS provider in the oilfield exploration and production information space.
- Represented Drillinginfo, a portfolio company of Genstar and Insight Venture Partners, in its acquisition of Oildex, an accounting SaaS provider in the oil and gas space.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of PDI Software, a leading convenience store and fuel logistics SaaS provider.
- Represented PDI Software in its global strategic acquisitions of Touchstar, DM2, Excentus, FuelsPricing, FACTOR, Ceremity and Outsite Networks.
- Represented ConstructConnect, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital and Warburg Pincus, in its sale to Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP) for $632 million.
- Represented Soylent in its $50 million Series B financing.
- Represented Dalian Wanda Group Co., China's largest commercial property company and the world's largest cinema chain operator, in its acquisition of Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion.
- Represented global film and television studio Miramax in connection with its sale to beIN MEDIA GROUP.
- Represented Tango Films in its sale of film assets, including Hugo, The Tourist and The Rum Diary, to Revolution Studios.
- Represented Physiotherapy Associates, a privately held physical therapy company, in its $400 million acquisition by Select Medical (NYSE: SEM).
- Represented Acano Limited, a UK-based technology company focused on video conferencing, in its $700 million acquisition by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO).
- "A High(mark)-Octane Year for Attorney' Fees in Patent Litigation," Cal. Litig. Rev. (2014)
Harvard Law School (J.D., 2014), cum laude; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy
Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2011), with highest honors
- California, 2014
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2015