Kerri Lyman focuses her practice on bankruptcy, with an emphasis on reorganizations and creditors’ rights. She has represented companies seeking to file Chapter 11 cases as well as creditors’ committees and individual creditors.
Kerri maintains an active pro bono practice. In conjunction with Public Law Center and the University of California, Irvine (UCI), she supervises a clinic to provide low-income individuals located in Orange County, California, with assistance in filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Kerri received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where she was an editor of the Boston University Law Review.
Honors & Awards
- Pro Bono Advocate Award from the University of California, Irvine (UCI) School of Law, for assisting UCI Law students with their bankruptcy applications project, which serves some of the most vulnerable residents in Orange County (April 2017)
- Named an "Associate to Watch" in the California: Bankruptcy/Restructuring category, Chambers USA (2014-2015)
- "Proactivity is Key to Successfully Facing Chapter 9," The Bond Buyer (July 8, 2013)
- "Commentary: Proactivity Is Key to Successfully Facing Chapter 9," The Bond Buyer (June 8, 2013)
- "Taking Advantage Of The Insolvency Process," Law360 (September 2010)
- "What Practitioners Should Know About Class Actions That Are Not Certified Pre-Petition," The American Bankruptcy Institute Journal (May 2006)
- "Carving Up the Contract Turkey Under Bankruptcy Code Section 365: Servability and Indivisibility Integration and Aggregation in Acquisition Transactions," Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice (June 2006)
- "I Signed What?: Applying Collateral Estoppel to an Arbitrator's Findings of Fraud in Dischargeability Proceedings Under Sections 523 and 1141 (D)(6) of the Bankruptcy Code," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law (July 2006)
Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2002), magna cum laude; Editor, Boston University Law Review
Hood College (B.A., English and French Literature, 1998), honors program
- California, 2006
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2003
- New York State, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California