Our Debt Finance group focuses on debt finance transactions that advance the business goals and objectives of clients in all stages of development, from private start-up companies to multi-billion dollar public companies. We have advised banks, other institutional lenders, investment fund lenders and note purchasers, as well as borrowers, guarantors and issuers, on billions of dollars of secured and unsecured debt, both public and private. Our attorneys have handled debt finance transactions involving syndicated senior credit facilities, mezzanine and subordinated debt, high-yield debt offerings (both SEC-registered and Rule 144A offerings), A/B exchange offers, second lien debt, issuances of other debt securities, and LBOs. We have also advised on leveraged recapitalizations, debt tender and exchange offers, acquisition finance and structured finance, asset-based lending, leasing, recapitalizations, workouts and restructuring deals. Irell brings broad deal expertise, knowledge of commercial law, creativity and practical know-how to every transaction.
Among recent transactions, we:
- Jointly represented two banking institutions in establishing a $750 million syndicated senior secured credit facility.
- Represented Angeles Equity Partners in a convertible note financing of ERP Power.
- Assisted Surgical Specialties in a $147 million senior secured debt financing that enabled its acquisition of all shares of German manufacturer FSSB Chirurgische Nadeln GMBH.
- Advised a multi-national media/entertainment company in connection with approximately $950 million in debt financing secured by film library assets.
- Assisted Marvel Entertainment in a $500 million senior and subordinated debt film financing.
- Represented a multinational medical instruments company in a $110 million debt refinancing and dividend recapitalization transaction.