Mergers & Acquisitions
Irell & Manella LLP advises acquirers and target companies, investors and competing bidders in all aspects of M&A transactions, including mergers, tender offers, sales of equity interests, proxy contests, asset sales and spin-offs. Among recent transactions, we:
- Assisted Accruent, a provider of physical resource management software, in its $2 billion sale to Fortive Corporation.
- Advised Genstar Capital Management LLC in its acquisition of Drillinginfo, a data and analytics company in the oil and gas space, from Insight Venture Partners for $1.1 billion.
- Guided Angeles Equity Partners in its acquisition of Meek’s Lumber Company, one of the largest national independent building products distributors in the U.S.
- Assisted Genstar Capital in its leveraged acquisition of Accruent.
- Advised Surgical Specialties, a provider of surgical instruments, in its acquisition of all shares of German manufacturer FSSB Chirurgische Nadeln GMBH and certain affiliated entities.
- Represented Dalian Wanda Group Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion.
- Advised conferencing technology company Acano Limited in its $700 million acquisition by Cisco.
- Assisted ConstructConnect (f/k/a iSqFt), a portfolio company of investment firms Genstar Capital and Warburg Pincus, in its sale to Roper Technologies, Inc. for approximately $632 million.
- Advised Miramax in its acquisition by media and entertainment company beIN Media Group.
- Represented Pinnacle Entertainment, a NASDAQ-listed gaming company, in its acquisition of the operations of the Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Pennsylvania from affiliates of Cannery Casino Resorts for total consideration of $138 million and Pinnacle’s lease of the underlying real property from subsidiaries of Gaming and Leisure Properties Inc.
- Guided Network Communications, Inc. in its sale to CoStar Group.
- Assisted NanoH2O, Inc., a manufacturer of water desalination membranes, in its acquisition by Korean conglomerate LG Chem Ltd.
- Represented AwesomenessTV in its acquisition by DreamWorks Animation.
- The Daily Journal, 11.20.2012