Securities Law & Corporate Governance
Irell & Manella LLP represents public and private companies and their boards in a broad range of increasingly complex securities law, corporate governance, and related matters. We counsel clients on issues involving the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and provide regular advice to clients regarding compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the New York Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq Stock Market and other applicable state and federal laws. We also provide advice on difficult and sensitive corporate disclosure issues arising under Regulation FD and the enhanced Form 8-K disclosure requirements. As part of our ongoing representation of public companies, our attorneys provide advice regarding:
- Filings of annual, quarterly and periodic reports and proxy statements with the SEC and Section 16 compliance.
- Board and committee composition, process and independence.
- Executive compensation, including employment agreements, severance agreements and stock option plans.
- Risk management, including indemnity arrangements and D&O insurance.
- Corporate governance-related disclosure and other requirements, including the development of board committee charters, governance guidelines, codes of conduct and other corporate programs, policies and procedures.
- New York, NY, 02.06.2013