- University of Southern California (LL.B., 1964), Order of the Coif and Managing Editor of The Southern California Law Review
- Harvard (LL.M., 1966)
- Santa Clara University (A.B., 1960)
Louis Castruccio is a partner emeritus in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP, specializing in business and securities law. Mr. Castruccio was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2019 (and has been included in this list for 31 years) in the specialty area of corporate law. He was also selected for inclusion in Southern California "Super Lawyers" by Los Angeles Magazine in 2012 for the ninth consecutive year.
Mr. Castruccio's practice covers a broad range of transactional and general business matters. He has been partner in charge of numerous public offerings both for underwriters such as Goldman, Sachs & Co., Credit Suisse First Boston Corporation, and others, and for issuers. These offerings have included equity and debt securities of all types, in both domestic and foreign markets. He has been the lead partner providing ongoing overall legal counsel to, and in many cases dealing with the sale or acquisition of, many companies in diverse industries, ranging from electronic component manufacturing and distribution, Internet service providers, computer hardware and software, to restaurants, food production, men's and women's fashions, entertainment, steel manufacturing and trading, trucking, banks and other financial institutions, and hotel ownership and management. He has represented and/or had responsibility for various large private foundations and endowments, particularly in connection with negotiating contracts with their financial advisers and money managers. He has also handled the corporate aspects of some of the firm's major bankruptcy reorganization matters.
Mr. Castruccio and his wife, Jane, received Santa Clara University's Paul L. Locatelli, S.J. Award in 2013. In 2014, Mr. Castruccio was a recipient of the Cardinal's Award from the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese.
Mr. Castruccio, his wife, and their daughters frequent California's beaches in the summer, ski in the winter, and enjoy movies, books, music, and the theatre in all seasons.
He is the author or co-author of numerous publications, including an annual series of articles entitled "Developments in Federal Securities Regulations," which appeared in The Business Lawyer, and other articles and pamphlets.
- Mr. Castruccio served on the Board of Regents (1979-1984) of Santa Clara University and on the Board of Visitors of its School of Law. He has been a member of Santa Clara University's Board of Trustees since 1986. He was National Chairperson of Santa Clara University's Capital Campaign concluded in 1995. He served on the Board of Trustees of Mount St. Mary’s College in Los Angeles (1996 to 2005) and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley. In addition, he serves on the Executive Committee of the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities.
- Mr. Castruccio is a member the Los Angeles County Bar Association, where he has served as Chairperson of the Election Laws Committee and Vice Chairperson and Chairperson of the Business and Corporations Law Section. He has also served as Chairperson and Co-chairperson of the Subcommittee on Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation of the American Bar Association.
- Mr. Castruccio is a member of the Board of Directors and/or an officer of various corporations, foundations, and other business organizations.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1965, California