- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2002), magna cum laude; Editor of the Boston University Law Review
- Hood College (B.A., English and French Literature, 1998), Honor Program
Kerri Lyman is an associate in the Newport Beach office of Irell & Manella LLP, where she is a member of the firm's bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors' rights practice group.
In both 2015 and 2014, Chambers USA selected Ms. Lyman as an "Associate to Watch" in the California: Bankruptcy/Restructuring category.
In April 2017, Ms. Lyman received a Pro Bono Advocate Award from the University of California, Irvine School of Law. She was honored for assisting UCI Law students with their Bankruptcy Applications project, which serves some of the most vulnerable residents in Orange County.
Ms. Lyman received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where she was an editor of the Boston University Law Review.
- "Commentary: Proactivity Is Key to Successfully Facing Chapter 9," by Kerri Lyman and Jeffrey M. Reisner, The Bond Buyer, June 8, 2013
- "Taking Advantage Of The Insolvency Process," by Kerri Lyman and Jeffrey M. Reisner, Law360, September 2010
- "What Practitioners Should Know About Class Actions That Are Not Certified Pre-Petition," co-author, The American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, May 2006
- "Carving Up the Contract Turkey Under Bankruptcy Code Section 365: Servability and Indivisibility Integration and Aggregation in Acquisition Transactions," Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, June 2006
- "I Signed What?: Applying Collateral Estoppel to an Arbitrator's Findings of Fraud in Dischargeability Proceedings Under Sections 523 and 1141 (D)(6) of the Bankruptcy Code," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, July 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- 2006, California
- 2003, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2003, New York State
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California