- Yale University (J.D., 1976)
- Yale University (B.A., 1973), summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Kevin McGeehan, a partner emeritus resident in Irell & Manella LLP's Los Angeles offices, is a member of the tax and the transactions workgroups.
Mr. McGeehan's practice includes a broad spectrum of corporate transactions and tax planning, involving mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, transactions involving financially distressed companies, international tax matters, tax controversies with the IRS, corporate tax and partnership matters, negotiation and documentation for joint ventures and limited liability companies, compensation planning for corporate officers and employees, and taxation of fine art transactions. Mr. McGeehan has represented a wide variety of clients in the gaming industry including Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. and Wynn Resorts Limited, and clients in the entertainment industry, including Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann, Zoo Productions, Mark Burnett and International Creative Management.
Mr. McGeehan clerked for the Honorable Robert F. Peckham of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- "New Regulations Under Section 482 of the Internal Revenue Code: The Last Word Until the Next Word." The California International Practitioner, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- "Proposed Transfer Pricing Regulations Under Section 482 of the International Revenue Code." The California International Practitioner, Vol. 4, No.1, 1992-1993, Pgs. 2-16.
- "The Gaming Industry: An Analysis of Critical Tax Issues." CCH. 1994.
- "§ 384 Limitations on the Use of Losses to Offset Built-In Gains." Forty-Second Annual U.S.C. Institute on Federal Taxation. U.S.C. Law Center, Matthew Bender, 1990, §500, §506.2.
Bar & Court Admissions
- 1978, California
- 1981, United States Tax Court