- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2014), cum laude; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Technology; Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2011) with Highest Honors
Daniel Switts is a transactional associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Mr. Switts’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property transactions, corporate finance, venture capital and general corporate matters.
Mr. Switts earned his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School, where he served as editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology and of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. While in law school, he served as law clerk for the Office of the General Counsel of Draper Laboratory, where he worked on intellectual property issues arising out of government contracts. Mr. Switts earned his B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, with Highest Honors, from the Georgia Institute of Technology. While studying at Georgia Tech, he participated in an engineering co-op program at ATA Engineering, where he created computer models to perform structural, thermal, and fluid analysis on aerospace and weaponry systems.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Drilling Info, a SaaS provider in the oilfield exploration and production information space.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of PDI Software, a leading convenience store and fuel logistics SaaS provider.
- Represented PDI Software in its acquisition of Touchstar, a global fuel logistics software business.
- Represented PDI Software in its acquisition of DM2, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software provider in the convenience and wholesale petroleum markets.
- Represented PDI Software in its acquisition of Excentus, a major provider of rewards software and operator of the Fuel Rewards program.
- Represented PDI Software in its acquisition of FuelsPricing, a UK‑based provider of fuel pricing software.
- Represented ConstructConnect, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital and Warburg Pincus, in its sale to Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP) for $632 million.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Accruent, a leading provider of real estate and facilities management SaaS.
- Represented Accruent in its acquisition of EMS, the premier provider of software for space optimization and scheduling.
- Represented Accruent in its acquisition of Maintenance Connection, a provider of building maintenance software.
- Represented Soylent in its $50 million Series B financing.
- Represented Dalian Wanda Group Co., China's largest commercial property company and the world's largest cinema chain operator, in its acquisition of Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion.
- Represented global film and television studio Miramax in connection with its sale to beIN MEDIA GROUP.
- Represented Tango Films in its sale of film assets, including Hugo, The Tourist and The Rum Diary, to Revolution Studios.
- Represented Physiotherapy Associates, a privately held physical therapy company, in its $400 million acquisition by Select Medical (NYSE: SEM).
- Represented Acano Limited, a UK-based technology company focused on video conferencing, in its $700 million acquisition by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO).
- Morgan Chu and Daniel Switts, A High(mark)-Octane Year for Attorneys’ Fees in Patent Litigation, Cal. Litig. Rev. (2014).
- 2014, California
- 2015, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office