- UCLA School of Law (J.D., 2015); Order of the Coif; Michael T. Masin Scholar; Articles Editor, UCLA Law Review
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., Letters, 2012) summa cum laude; National Merit Scholar; Phi Beta Kappa
Molly Russell is a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of Irell & Manella LLP. Ms. Russell’s practice encompasses a wide range of IP, white collar, and general litigation matters. Representative matters include:
- Counsel for a leading video game publisher in a biometric privacy class action. Secured dismissal in S.D.N.Y., which was affirmed by the Second Circuit.
- Counsel for patent holder in declaratory judgment lawsuit in the District of Delaware in which the patent holder asserted patents relating to semiconductor technologies.
- Counsel for executive involved in FCPA investigation.
- Advised major entertainment studio in labor dispute.
Ms. Russell also maintains an active pro bono practice. Representative matters include work as plaintiff counsel in a civil rights action in the Central District of California and counsel for a non-profit company in an intellectual property protection matter.
Ms. Russell earned her J.D. from UCLA School of Law, where she graduated Order of the Coif, served as Articles Editor for the UCLA Law Review, and was a Michael T. Masin Scholar. While in law school, Ms. Russell received Dean’s Awards in Evidence and Professional Responsibility. Ms. Russell earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Oklahoma, where she was a National Merit Scholar and a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Publications and Presentations
- “New Test for Strict Liability Lawsuits,” Daily Journal (January 27, 2016)
- MCLE presenter, “California Propositions 2016: What Do They Actually Mean?” hosted by Kendall Brill Kelly, October 25, 2016
- MCLE presenter, “Enforcing Trademarks the Davy Crockett Way: ‘Be Sure You’re Right, Then Go Ahead,’” March 18, 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit