Conor Tucker is a litigator. He represents clients in a variety of disputes, including in the areas of trademark, trade dress, trade secret, copyright, contract and patent. He serves clients from a wide variety of industries (including apparel, entertainment, banking, healthcare and computer sciences) in a wide variety of forums (including state and federal courts, the International Trade Commission, international arbitration tribunals and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board).
Conor has an active pro bono practice focused on civil rights, including arguing for immigrants’ rights in immigration court and the Ninth Circuit and representing non-profits as amici in a case related to government surveillance.
Conor earned his J.D. from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif, served on the articles board of the Northwestern University Law Review and received the Raoul Berger Prize for his research on jurisdictional aspects of the Defend Trade Secrets Act. During law school, Conor externed in the chambers of the Hon. Ann Claire Williams of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Conor writes a quarterly column on recent advances in trade secrets litigation for New Matter, the publication of the California Lawyers Association’s IP section.
- In re Certain Footwear Products (ITC). Representing Skechers in an investigation before the International Trade Commission regarding Converse’s claimed trade dress in the midsole design of its Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers.
- XMTT, Inc. v. Intel Corp. (D. Del.). Representing patent owner in infringement suit regarding computer memory architecture for hybrid serial and parallel computing systems.
- Nike Inc. v. Skechers U.S.A., Inc. (C.D. Cal.). Representing Skechers in design and utility patent infringement lawsuits involving athletic shoes.
- Representing footwear company in opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representing motion picture company in cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representing bank in cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Under Armour, Inc. v. Kelsey Battle et al. (D. Md. and E.D.N.C.). Representing trademark owner in defense of declaratory judgment suit and infringement counterclaims.
- Munoz-Ventura v. Barr. (9th Cir.) Argued appeal from the Board of Immigration Appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented client in international arbitration related to auction and purchase of a generic top-level domain (gTLD).
- Represented medical doctor and associated practices in internal investigation and defense of state and federal False Claims Act litigation involving Medicare and Medicaid billing practices.
- Represented departing employee in contract negotiations for release of business opportunity and attendant intellectual property.
- Represented limited liability company and trusts in defense of third party creditor’s suit and related arbitrations. Case settled favorably and confidentially on the eve of trial.
- While a law student, represented clients in federal criminal appeals to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit through the Bluhm Legal Clinic.
- Represented Center for Democracy and Technology and New America’s Open Technology Institute as amici in Jewel v. Nat’l Security Agency, a case regarding the constitutionality of bulk interception of Internet communications by the United States government.
- “The Inevitable Disclosure Doctrine in DTSA Litigation,” Daily Journal
- “The Troubling Intersection of the DTSA and State Caselaw,” Daily Journal
- “The DTSA’s Jurisdictional Nexus, Three Years In.” Law Journal Newsletters
- “The DTSA's Federalism Problem: Federal Court Jurisdiction over Trade Secrets,” 28 Fordham Intell. Prop., Media & Ent. L.J. 1
- “The New Patent Venue Regime,” Law.com
- Member, IPO’s Trade Secrets Committee (2020-2021)
- Board Member (Programming Chair), Los Angeles Lawyers Chapter of the American Constitution Society
- Events Committee Member, Copyright Society of the USA, Los Angeles Chapter (2019 – present)
- Governing board member, New Leaders Council – Los Angeles (2017-2019)
- Associate board member and co-chair of the development committee, Chicago Scholars Foundation (2015-2017)
Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D.); Northwestern University Law Review
University of Oxford (M.Phil.)
Colgate University (B.A., History)
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth Circuit