Louis Castruccio specializes in business and securities law. His practice covers a broad range of transactional and general business matters.
Louis’s experience includes serving as partner in charge of numerous public offerings both for underwriters such as Goldman, Sachs & Co., Credit Suisse First Boston Corporation, and others, and for issuers. These offerings have included equity and debt securities of all types, in both domestic and foreign markets. He has been the lead partner providing ongoing overall legal counsel to, and in many cases dealing with the sale or acquisition of, many companies in diverse industries. These range from electronic component manufacturing and distribution, Internet service providers, and computer hardware and software, to restaurants, food production, men's and women's fashions, entertainment, steel manufacturing and trading, trucking, banks and other financial institutions, and hotel ownership and management.
He has represented and/or been responsible for various large private foundations and endowments, particularly in connection with negotiating contracts with their financial advisers and money managers. He has also handled the corporate aspects of some of the firm's major bankruptcy reorganization matters.
Louis, his wife, and their daughters frequent California's beaches in the summer, ski in the winter, and enjoy movies, books, music, and the theatre in all seasons.
Honors & Awards
- Consistently recognized among The Best Lawyers in America for corporate law
- Consistently named among Southern California Super Lawyers list
- Received the Cardinal’s Award from Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese (2014)
- Received Santa Clara University’s Paul L. Locatelli, S.J. Award (co-recipient with wife, Jane) (2013)
He is the author or co-author of numerous publications, including an annual series of articles entitled “Developments in Federal Securities Regulations,” which appeared in The Business Lawyer, and other articles and pamphlets.
- Member, Santa Clara University Board of Trustees
- Member emeritus, Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley Board of Trustees
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association Election Laws Committee
- Former chair and vice chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association Business and Corporations Law Section
- Former chair and co-chair, Subcommittee on Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation of the American Bar Association
- Former member, Santa Clara University Board of Regents
- Former member, Santa Clara University School of Law Board of Visitors
- Former national chair, Santa Clara University’s Capital Campaign
- Former member, Mount St. Mary’s University in Los Angeles Board of Trustees
- Member of the board of directors, and/or an officer of various corporations, foundations, and other business organizations.
USC Gould School of Law (LL.B., 1964); Order of the Coif; Managing editor of The Southern California Law Review
Harvard University (LL.M., 1966)
Santa Clara University (A.B., 1960)
- California, 1965